Thursday, February 09, 2006

Intermezzo: A Discussion in the Kitchen

Since I can not get chinese vegetarian wonton for my new soup, I'd like to make an experiment, frying the Italian spinach raviolis I found in supermarket. That is the only choice. When I just started my work by pouring lots of oil into caserole, BV stopped me.

"What are you doing?! It's not like that to cook Italian food!"
"It's not Italian food, it's my food"
"Let me do it for you, I'll do better"
"No!"
"Let me...trust me baby, you don't know what to do"
"I...well...oke if you want"

He took over.

"To cook this stuff we don't need too much oil..you see."
"You will cook it like chinese dumpling or momo *a Tibetan dim sum*? What do you mean exactly?"
"To cook ravioli is not by deep frying, just with a little bit oil and we can just leave it"

Silent. After 10 minutes,

"Let me see..."

Oh nooooooo!!!

"I'm sorry..I'm sorry..why it doesn't work.."

Of course, baby.

Moral of the story:
* Don't try to insist oriental and oxidental food philosophy at the same time (different way will bring you to different result ;-)
* Sometime it's important to let your husband or lover away from the kitchen if he's not necessarilly needed.